NEW HAMPSHIRE: You are encouraged to attend this important hearing on Common Core.
IF you cannot make the hearing, please write to the Senate Education Committee and ask them to SUPPORT this important legislation:
- firstname.lastname@example.org Senator John Reagan (Chair)
- email@example.com Senator Nancy Stiles
- Kevin.Avard@leg.state.nh.us Senator Kevin Avard (Prime Sponsor)
- firstname.lastname@example.org Senator Molly Kelly
- email@example.com Senator David Waters
SB101 Title: prohibiting the state from requiring the implementation of common core standards.
Current/Last Committee: SENATE EDUCATION
Public Hearing: TUESDAY, Jan. 20th at 9:50 AM in LOB 103 (33 North State Street, Concord 03301)
Sen. Kevin Avard’s bill adds the following paragraph to state law:
RSA 193-E:2-a, IV (b) The common core state standards developed jointly by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and the Council of Chief State School Officers shall not be required by the department of education or the state board of education to be implemented in any school or school district in this state.